The focus of this conference is the AS 2067:2016 HV standard which provides minimum requirements for the design and installation of high voltages above 1kV (ac) so as to provide safe functioning in operation. The newest edition of AS 2067 was released in 2016 and the significant amendments have proved to be of continuing interest to anyone involved with high voltage substations and installations. This three day event will feature two pre-conference workshops on the 26th March concentrating on AS 2067 and the following two day conference will feature sixteen presentations focusing on high voltage earthing, design, testing, installation and maintenance topics. Topics include:
• High Voltage Substation Installation Standards – An in-depth look at AS 2067 and how it affects your work
• Earthing obligations under AS2067 have changed: What has changed, why, and what do you need to do next
• Trends in High Voltage & Disruptive Technologies for the Energy Sector
• Making Predictive HV Testing Effective
• Achieving the Best Outcome for Transformer Field Maintenance
• HV Training – Who, Why, What, When & How?
• Acceptance Testing and Ongoing Condition Monitoring
• Synchronous Condenser Technology - An old tool rediscovered to address new grid challenges
• Assessment & Management of Ageing High Voltage Transformers
• Circulating currents and earthing of direct connected MV generators in large cable networks
• Cudal Quarry Electrical Fatality – Case study of the incident, its precursors, cause, outcomes and results for the landmark legal case.
• The Changing Face of HV Operations
• Reducing Cable Failure Rates from REFCL
• Maximising Life of HV Equipment via Insulating Fluid Testing
• Engineering Capability in the HV Industry
• Training in High Voltage Procedures – Conductor Isolation, Earthing and Access Practices
• High Voltage Assets - Diagnostic Testing & Condition Monitoring
Professor Alex Baitch - Principal, BES (Aust) Pty Ltd & Chairman Standards Committee EL-043 High Voltage Installations
Professor Alex Baitch is Principal of his electrical engineering consulting practice which he established over 20 years ago and has extensive industry experience. He is a Chartered Professional Engineer, a Fellow of the Australian Academy of Technology and Engineering, an Honorary Fellow of Engineers Australia and Honorary Professorial Fellow of the University of Wollongong. Alex is Chairman of the Australian Standards Committee EL043 which has produced the Australian Standard AS2067 on Substations and High Voltage installations and its revisions. Alex was the National President of Engineers Australia in 2014.
Stephen Palmer - Director - Safearth Consulting
Stephen Palmer is one of Australia’s leading earthing specialists, with expertise in all areas related to earthing, including design, audit and test in sectors including power generation and delivery, heavy industry, mining and rail. For over 20 years Stephen has investigated and managed the risks associated with earthing, lightning protection and interference. As the leader of a team of 25 consultants & researchers, his experience extends well beyond the technical aspects of the field. He has been a contributing member on the committees responsible for Australian documents including EG-0, AS/NZ 3007 and AS/NZ 2067. He is a committee member for IEEE Std80 and Std81, and was the secretary of the international CIGRE & CIRED Joint Working Group B3.35, which has published TB 749 on substation earthing design optimisation including quantified risk. Stephen has delivered formal earthing training for more than a decade and has presented at numerous Australian and international conferences including for the NSW Government, Energy Networks Association (ENA), Engineers Australia, CIGRE and the IEEE.
DISCOUNTS – We are offering a 10% off early bird discount until February 26th (SAVE $179.50 per person) plus a 3 for 2 offer - register 3 delegates and only pay for 2 (SAVE up to $2154). Discounts are applied at online check-out.
To register for the pre-conference workshops on the 26th March click on the below links:
Pre-Conference Workshop 1 - High Voltage Substation Installation Standards - AS 2067
March 26th 2019 - 8:30am - 12pm
Pre-Conference Workshop 2 - Earthing obligations under AS 2067
March 26th 2019 - 1:00pm - 4:30pm
Proudly Sponsored By:
|Your cart is empty|